Great Yarmouth Holidays are the best holidays! Great Yarmouth is a British seaside town near the Yare River, about 120 miles North-East of London. Each year, around 5 million people visit Great Yarmouth, making it Britain’s third most visited seaside town. Great Yarmouth is approximately 20 miles from Norwich, the nearest town, and close to the Norfolk Broads. If you wonder what the best activities to do during your Great Yarmouth Holidays are, you’ve come to the right place.
II. Best activities to do during your Great Yarmouth holidays.
1. Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach.
• Without a doubt, one of the most popular attractions on your Great Yarmouth holidays is the Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach. This beach is a free-access theme park with 28 rides, including the Scenic Railway roller coaster, built-in 1932. Great Yarmouth pleasure Beach park attracts 1.5 million visitors each year.
2. Great Yarmouth Old Town.
• In addition to the great thrills of the classic British waterfront during your Great Yarmouth holidays, know that the British city also has a quieter side, with a fascinating Old Town to explore. Not many tourists know that Great Yarmouth has the most comprehensive Old Town walls after York. Exploring the Great Yarmouth Old Town will help you discover this medieval attraction as well as several museums and houses dating back centuries.
3. Great Yarmouth sea oil and gas industry heritage.
• During your Great Yarmouth Holidays, discover the city’s sea oil and gas industry heritage. Great Yarmouth new outer harbour is a huge development that will allow seeing large ships and cruise liners arriving in the Northern city. Similarly, if you come in September, you’ll have the opportunity to witness a festival in which the locals celebrate Great Yarmouth’s maritime heritage.
4. Great Yarmouth Regent Road.
• Over the past few years, Great Yarmouth used impressive regeneration spending to improve and modernize its popular waterfront area. It also improved its connection to the town centre. During your Great Yarmouth Holidays, we invite you to visit Regent Road; it has a stunning light ceiling illuminated in the evening. Nowadays, Regent Road is a beautiful pedestrian street that links the Great Yarmouth city centre to the waterfront.
5. Britannia Pier Theater.
• When the sun goes down, Great Yarmouth transforms into a colourful wonderland as you prepare yourself to go out to enjoy its theatres. We highly recommend a visit to the Britannia Pier Theater; it has a varied program of performances to enjoy. Britannia Pier Theater will definitely make your Great Yarmouth holidays more pleasant.
6. Great Yarmouth Hollywood Cinema.
• A guide of the best activities to do during your Great Yarmouth holidays wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the city’s Hollywood Cinema. Great Yarmouth Hollywood Cinema is the cheapest one in the Northern British city. Hollywood cinema has five screens (3 of which are small) and is not exactly the most modern experience; however, it has a unique aspect that is often lacking in multiplex cinemas.
• Great Yarmouth is undoubtedly an amazing city in the Northern part of Britain; it will not leave you indifferent. We hope you enjoyed our guide about the best activities to do during your Great Yarmouth holidays. Do not hesitate to share with us your experiences in the town. We look forward to reading your comments.
Make sure you check out all our other amazing blogs and special offers available for Great Yarmouth. We have some amazing news and updates coming weekly so make sure you sign up for our newsletter and download our app to keep those savings fresh and new. If you would like to write an article for us make sure you send us an email and we will definitely consider what you have to offer we are always looking for new writers and bloggers to join our site.
We have taken a look around youtube and found this great Vlog which shows a family’s day out at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach Click Here.